Time management is important in our everyday lives. It allows us to accomplish more
with proper organization and allows us more free time. By practicing good time management you can become more reliable to complete tasks that seem daunting prior, which also relieves stress of the thought of not having enough time to complete your tasks. Here are some tips to improve your time management:
1. Start your day with a clear mind – By clearing your mind allows you to focus on what needs to be accomplished.
2. Make a list – By making a list of tasks, you can understand what needs to be completed.
3. Focus on High Priority Tasks – This is when you’ll have to make a judgment call on
which of your task require the most attention or a task that needs the most time. Some
questions to ask yourself:
Do I have a time limit on this task?
Is someone or something waiting for my task to be complete?
How much time will these tasks take?
What will happen if this task isn’t completed today?
Do I have to tools needed to complete this task?
4. Limit Distractions – The more you are distracted while doing tasks, the longer that task will take to complete.
5. Do Not Procrastinate – Be aware of how you’re spending your time on a specific task.
The more breaks you take can push your tasks to not even be completed.
6. Try to limit multitasking – We may believe that we can accomplish many tasks at the same time, but by doing it all the time can limit the effort put into your tasks. Make sure that every task gets specific attention to be completed as close to perfect as possible.
7. Review your day – Give yourself some time to settle down from the work you’ve done
for the day. Once your day is over, spend a few minutes reflecting on your list. Were the
high priority task completed? Do you need more time on a particular task? Reflecting on your day gives you a better understanding of your time and allows you to come up with a more effective list for tomorrow.